Treating Numerous Conditions
You can receive professional chiropractic care for a wide range of pains, conditions, and problems at Solon Chiropractic, Bruce D. Wright, D.C. The list below shows a few of the more common conditions we treat, but it’s by no means comprehensive. If your condition isn’t listed, please call us at 319-624-1444 to learn how we can help you.
Commonly Treated Conditions
- Lower back pain — Lower back pain can result from a variety of causes, including sprained ligaments, strained muscles, ruptured disks, trigger points and inflamed joints.
- Upper back and neck pain — Upper back and neck pain can be caused by injury, poor posture, chiropractic subluxations, stress, and disc problems.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) — Carpal tunnel syndrome can be caused by misalignment in either the back or neck or by common activities like typing, chopping, hammering, or pushing.
- Colic — The causes of infant colic are unknown, but contributing factors include an immature and irritated nervous system, food sensitivities, and gastrointestinal upset.
- Ear infections — Recurrent ear infections come from a variety of causes, including improper drainage of the lymphatic system.
- Headaches — Headaches are among the most common complaints we get in our office, and many of them are caused by certain muscles and lifestyle factors.
- Osteoarthritis — Hip and knee osteoarthritis can cause pain throughout your body, but chiropractic care can help you manage that pain.
- Pinched nerve — Many pinched nerves are caused by a chiropractic condition called “subluxation” in which nerves become irritated and inflamed when the bones, joints, or muscles of the spine are not in their proper position.
- Plantar fasciitis — Plantar fasciitis is caused by inflammation of the thick band that connects the toes to the heel bone, called the plantar fascia, which runs across the bottom of your foot.
- PMS — Some of the symptoms of PMS are caused by irritation of the nerves that exit the lower back.
- Pregnancy — Many of the aches and pains of pregnancy are caused by the dramatic shift in a woman’s center of gravity, which stresses the joints of the pelvis and lower back.
- Sciatica — The sciatic nerve runs from your pelvis, through your hips and buttocks, and down each leg, and irritation in it can cause pain, numbness, or tingling throughout your lower body.
- Scoliosis — Scoliosis is a sideways curvature of your spine that causes stiffness and pain.
- Slipped disc — While discs of your spine do not actually “slip,” they can herniate or bulge outward, which causes numbness or pain in your legs, hips, or buttocks.
- Shoulder pain — Shoulder pain can come from a variety of causes, including injuries, arthritis, and the misalignment of muscles in your neck and back.
- Stress — We can recommend effective ways to deal with stress, including lifestyle changes and exercises that lessen its effects on your body.
- Tennis elbow — Tennis elbow is caused by the repetitive use of the forearm extensor muscles and is common in people involved in activities or occupations with a lot of repetitive motion.
- Whiplash — Whiplash is caused by sudden hyperextension followed by an immediate hyperflexion of the neck that results in damage to the muscles, ligaments and tendons, especially those that support the head.
- Overall wellness — The goal of our chiropractic care is to achieve a holistic balance of positive factors that help you maintain good posture, reduce your stress, and maintain a healthy body weight.
In the descriptions of conditions and problems listed above, you can see that a common theme is pain caused by an irritation or misalignment of your body’s spine, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Our evidence-based, state-of-the-art chiropractic treatments aim to correct these physical problems, as well as encourage overall wellness.